Wow. This award can make the rounds, but it’s about honesty in the telling. I’d hope everyone is all about telling it like it is, but the beauty of anonymity sometimes means people take advantage while others can express themselves better.
Part of the honor means sharing ten honest thing about myself, preferably interesting. Right, because the easy part about being honest is sharing the boring parts. The boring parts to one are sometimes the interesting parts to someone else.
So, the interesting facts:
1. Critters are cool. This includes spiders and snakes and all manner of creatures, fictional or not.
2. I found out what snow was when I was 8, and I’m still not happy about it.
3. I have a lot less trouble driving manual transmissions than automatics, which is one reason why my husband and I were thrilled to get our hands on a Cadillac with a stick shift.
4. One of my goals is to visit all 50 states before I turn 50. I’m currently 31 and have visited 37 – not to mention 5 foreign countries. I love to travel.
5. I’m learning to play guitar.
6. I practice yoga every day, and have for several years now.
7. My dream is to see my novels in bookstores and have people love my stories.
8. I realized recently that my protagonists had a nasty habit of all being closet artists, so I am broadening their horizons, and mine, by making them interested in other things.
9. My friends consider me something of an enigma, though I don’t understand why.
10. I’m expecting my first child on April Fool’s Day, 2009.
7 Blogs to Nominate:
Dawn Arkin (Can’t see her blog, but I know she has one.)
Susan Smith Thompson
Part of the fun of this award is reading in other blogs what the winner thinks is interesting about herself. I had trouble coming up with the list, but a friend rattled off several ideas when I only had about two left.